TV shows
Was watching a local drama series on Channel 8 by Mediacorp.
I don't even know the title.
It's about 2 women going a decade back in time.
Starring (local actors/actresses I know): Rui En, Paige, Elvin Ng, Andie Chen
I won't even use the word "celebrity" coz they're not celebrities to me. Let's just say there's nothing celebratory about these folks.
I had to Google search to find out who "Andie Chen" is. I only recognise his face.
Gonna just make one final comment. WHY IS ELVIN NG POPULAR?! WHY?!
His acting is atrocious considering how he does it for a living!
Not saying I'd make good in acting but I'm in every position to criticise coz he's appearing on local TV which we subscribe to, which BTW, is complete crap.
Elvin Ng's acting is super cringe-worthy.
Please. STAPH.
Just. DONT.
While I would say the same for Paige, but she's not as popular and her acting skills have improved, albeit insignificant considering how she only has literally 2 expressions: deadpan and smiling
Even for a drama/movie junkie like me, this is junkier than junk.
ANYWAY, I digress. This post is really NOT about local drama series, they're not worth my time. It's really not because I don't want to support local productions. But they're just... eew.
HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER
So I came across this seemingly fake article about a sequel to "How I Met Your Mother".
Was then reminded how I found that series utterly un-funny as they kept renewing it.
How is Barney Stinson (Neil Patrick Harris) funny in this sitcom? HOW?
Wait, how is this sitcom funny at all? I stopped laughing at the "jokes" they make after the 2nd season or something.
I only continued to watch it coz it was very popular and I'd feel like I'm missing out if someone in my circle starts talking about it and I'm sposed to be the drama/movie junkie but have no valid input?
THE BIG BANG THEORY
I saw the first season. It was excruciating. It's so not funny. It tries so hard to make intelligent jokes but it's actually not intelligent nor funny.
BURN
THE OFFICE
The only ever truly funny sitcom I've seen. But that season with Will Ferrell is blah. Coz Will Ferrell.
I guess I don't watch a lot of sitcoms.
MODERN FAMILY is starting to be blah for me. I can't forget the last time I've actually laughed at any of the episodes after Season 1.
Hey. maybe I just don't have a very good sense of humour. I realise that I don't laugh at a lot of things.
Like I would be with my friends/ colleagues and they laugh at something...I'd fake a smile or laugh if I'm in a good mood or don't wish to be offensive.
Damn. I am the uptight, unfunny bitch in all of this after all.
I don't even laugh at my own husband's "jokes". The only thing funny about him is how he does this high pitch thing when his voice runs. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!
Gets me everytime.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home