I haz a Married
LOL! Wanted to start out my wedding speech with this quote from The Princess Bride. But am most positive that majority of my guests will not get it...
Well, I'm glad my wedding is over and I'm officially a missus now! Heh.
Feeling much too lazy to put together an official post about my wedding. Heh. Also, Kwang will only be giving us the pictures like in February. So I can't exactly spam my lovelee pics.
(actually, I think I did put on a bit of weight instead of losing some so my pics may actually look fat and I'm not gonna like it as much.)
Now that I'm back from my honeymoon, am jotting down whatever so it won't dissipate into a distant memory...
Things I remember on my wedding day in random sequence:
- Wrote my speech well into past 3am and I had to wake up at 430am for the make up artist (MUA)
- Been sick the whole week
- Had the worst fears of turning up at my wedding with my dress torn, my make up half done (I had nightmares about that)
- Not being able to smile and look happy coz I was really tired in the morning. The Photography (PG) and Videography (VG) teams had a hard time with me. I remember one of the PG whipping out his camera in a jiffy when he caught me smiling at some random joke the MUA made, saying "OMG i better not let this smile go to waste,"
- Constantly thirsty and hungry
- Cannot eat or drink much coz I will have to go pee or the lipstick will run. Won't have time to do either of those. Wouldn't be easy to pee either.
- Needed help from someone to gather my dress and pee facing the toilet bowl. =.=
- Smiled till my facial muscles ached coz I don't smile all that much by normal standards
- Once I stepped into the foyer reception area, felt like a romantic fairy tale
- I saw the wedding that we planned so hard for coming to fruition; with of course, the help of friends and family who made it possible
- Felt that I couldn't wait for it to be over coz i was completely knackered and my throat was killing me
- Stealing glances at myself in the mirror coz I never looked that good!
- Thinking to myself "OMG This is it, this is forever."
- Where is that piece of paper on which my vow is printed on?
- Canida not doing an excellent job on keeping my day bag close to me
- Where is my day bag?
- Needed to take more selfies coz I've never looked this good in forever
- Thirsty and Hungry
- "Are we on schedule?"
- "Is this over yet? I'm tired and hungry"
- "Are we supposed to finally have sex tonight?!"
- "Nobody should be posting unglam pics of me ever,"
- Eagerly waiting for my bestie Maid of Honour speech
- "Kids better not be making a fuss during my solemnisation"
- Made the effort to talk to people I know and take a photo with them
- "Do I look fat?"
- Super love the video montage Benjamin and Ricky put together!
- Usually, kids do not approach me or smile at me. But they all seem to like me that day! Kept wanting to touch my dress and get my attention. HAHAHAHA
Things I was extremely particular about:
1. Decorations. It has to make my guests go "Naise..." Doesn't necessarily have to solicit a big reaction, but they have to feel like it's got the Kareen-touch to it. Like people would feel I had a hand in it. Which I did. Mostly my mom made it so much better. Obviously.
2. Making an entrance and walking down the aisle at the RIGHT moment to Gwyneth playing her version of "Highland Cathedral"
3. Making an effort to smile mostly so I won't be the grouchiest bride in history ever
4. Wedding playlist- I've put together in a youtube playlist HERE for reference (not the full list but mostly)
5. I know it's crazy but even the soundtrack I've chosen for the first dish being served was immaculately edited by ME- Gladiator OST- Now we are Free (By Hans Zimmer)
6. My Make up and hair. Coz DUH.
7. My VG and PG catching me at bad angles making me look fat.
8. People hating on my dresses- whether they're too revealing or less than flattering.
9. Me crying on stage in front of everyone. Totally would ruin my personal image and make up (duh).
10. Me tripping over my words on stage
11. Me tripping over my long dress at any point in time
Wedding vendors:
1. Whitelink Bridal Studio- MUA Jessie, Coordinator Ashley (resigned) and Cindy, Jeff (Pre-wed PG)
Ashley- Really sweet and helpful young lady. Loved her. She promised me peonies for my bridal bouquet as I didn't want the tea dress in my package.
Unfortunately, she resigned and Cindy took over.
Cindy was alright. I didn't get my peonies though coz according to her, it's expensive. And I'm pretty sure she told their florist not to give me peonies coz that would mean they have to fork out more money to give me what I want. Whatever. Nobody really looks at the bridal bouquet anyway. It was lovely enough for me.
Jeff- we had no chemistry whatsoever with Jeff. We just couldn't get his jokes, so not funny... Took a couple of good shots though the whole series weren't that impressive. Overall, ok. Wouldn't choose him if given another go at it. I might have offended him when I did the picture selection... Vaguely remember him asking me why I hadn't made my pick, my response was "Don't like the pics".
oops.
Jessie- Best MUA. Grateful to her for making me look great! A little pricey as she did charge me a lot of extras. But for making me look great on my important day? Sure.
2. Lightbox Productions Photography- Kwang
Kwang happens to be my ex colleague Susan's brother. Really smiley and positive chap! He reminds me so much of Susan who used to sit beside me in the office.
His pictures are immaculate too! Well, i got to see a few for now, and with the exception of one (my Bridesmaids and I looked fat), the rest were perfect.
Waiting for the rest to be out.
3. Majella Studios Videography
Rick and Yangyi, excellent team to work with! But I was honestly a little disappointed with the final SDE. They cut off my whole interview!!! The only scenes from the interview was of Robin droning off in his low, mellow voice that puts me to sleep sometimes, then me on the side looking unimpressed with my default bitchy resting face.... UGH. And I looked fat. double UGH.
And they'd included the proposal video part for a tad too long. Me no likey.
But I must say their service and VG skills were still impressive. Enjoyed the whole experience nonetheless.
Will post the video another day. Heh.
4. T-dragon printing services
Good experience. Most affordable print vendor we'd managed to find.
Printed our wedding card inserts, wedding day programme sheet and ribbon tying service heh.
5. Taobao -
Where i purchased some of my decoration materials from.
What you see is not what you get.
I had to make do anyway.
will be careful with purchases next time. Doesn't help that most things are in Chinese...
zzz. Tired.
Honeymoon post another time.


1 Comments:
Hi sorry to trouble you but do you happen to have Jessie's number? She was my mua back in 2010 and i lost her number :-( wanted to get her back for my family pic... thnks! My email: sweekuni@gmail.com
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home