Jane Eyre
Mr Rochester: Do you think me handsome, Jane?
Jane: No, sir.
Mr Rochester: *laughs* Look carefully.
If I were to tell you that I'm worth £20,000, surely the light from the fire would soften my features.
Do I not seem to you now the very model of a fashionable man?
Jane: I do not think there's anything in science that will allow that, sir.
I spoke hastily, sir, I did not mean that I find you repellent.
What I meant is that it is the character inside that determines a person, not the outer shell.
Mr Rochester: Take care, Jane.
Don't look too closely inside of me.
You might not find anything within at all beautiful .
And then where would we be?
In each other's arms of course!
Heh.
*swoons* what a bittersweet love story.
Gets me every time.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home