Tuesday, January 08, 2013

A Royal Affair



A Royal Affair. A Danish Historical Film I chanced upon during my bedridden weekend of the much dreaded Crimson River.

WATCH IT.

That's all I have to say.

Two Thumbs up! And I'd supply my two stubby toes if I have to convince you further.

This has gotta be one of the best historical/ drama/ romance film I've watched in eons!
Am trying to get Robsie to watch it too but I doubt he would. >.<



Best yet ever since Elizabeth (1998).

Me loves period dramas.

Lush costumes, vivid colours, fantastic plot. Intricately detailed props, well written dialogues, acting so real you don't even notice for a second that they're acting at all.

Any else to recommend?


I saw Farewell, My Queen too. Wanted to watch it on my plane ride to Manila but settled with Hope Springs and Remembrance (German Film) on my way back.

Farewell, My Queen is a French Film.
Unlike A Royal Affair, I didn't think there was much room for imagination with regard to the plot albeit fictional.
Nothing too enchanting about a queen being lesbianly obsessed with a duchess whilst her loyal servant hides in the shadow, harbouring a lesbian crush on the queen.

=.=
I dunno, perhaps with all my lesbian tendencies in the world put together, I can't muster enough lesbianism to appreciate such display of lesbianess.









And I don't understand why the lady in green is occupying like 45% of the movie poster when she's only like 10% airtime. And she's not even that pretty!!!


The French Actress who played The Duchess whom the queen was obsessed with.

The German Actress who played the queen. 
She's so gorgeous! 


See? The queen is much prettier than the duchess lady. And woman, we don't need to see your bra. That's what the buttons are for.
This was taken at the Berlin Film Festival. And the lady didn't even bother to comb her hair.



LOL. Fine. I don't like her coz she spoilt the movie. Being all pompous and steal limelight and all. !@#$^%&^*(

*gasp* Did I subconsciously develop a tinge of lesbian jealousy against her?
Perhaps.





How can anyone be so gorgeous?! It's annoying!!!

And I've just realised why I knew she looked kinda familiar.

Of course! Helen of Troy.
The show in which we all hated Orlando Bloom for being such a wuss- After all the immaculate-oh-so-suave image he built in LOTR, The Twin Towers...
Shattered within minutes in Troy.



Period dramas! Me needs to watch more period dramas.


Ok... erm... Though...I must proclaim that loving period dramas doesn't necessarily mean I like having period. Period.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home