Friday, March 30, 2012

Midnight Spring Cleaning

Disclaimer: Very randomly put together post to serve as a reminder of what a hoarder/ spendthrift I am.

Odd discovery: I remember my purchases. Most anyway. I remember how much they cost (if not exactly then close estimates), where I got them and whom with.

So I had a latte this late afternoon.

Then a cuppa "tie guanyin" Chinese tea an hour ago.

It all started with... Debbie and Leo's Wedding Dinner Invitation.

Was thinking what to wear for their wedding dinner.
Theme: Shanghai/ Old World glamour.

Put on my tummy slimming-ass-lifting tightie-underpants.
Slipped on my new ASOS black, super fitting toga maxi purchased last year.




Price: SGD$51
Reason: Was shopping on ASOS site during end Oct last year when there was a discount. Thought I might buy 'em for Chinese new year 2012.
Y u no wear: CNY made me faaaaat
Action: When I'm finally slim, I'd wear it.

To my disappointment, the bulging tummy spoilt everything.



Then I recalled this Ethnic looking dress I've purchased couple years ago when I was still slim for a size S.



Price: SGD$59
Reason: Liked the way it looked.
Y u no wear: Never found the occasion to.
Action: Wear it force fit myself into it on Sunday.

Bought it from Utopia at Vivocity. Was shopping with Jee Cheng.


Shanghai themed inclined isnt it?

Bad news is, tight at the chest area, and my tummy is still persisting.
I have precisely 3 days to fit nicely into this!!!
I need a miracle.


BTW, am totally hooked onto this Christmas Songs playlist on youtube.
Been Playing it whole night thru.

Found this pair of completely new, never worn jeans. I've always wondered where it was! Got it couple years ago when I went JB shopping with my mom. It was at this mall I dont know the name to.



Price: SGD$18
Reason: Was on sale!!! Who in the right mind can resist a sale? Seriously?
Y u no wear: Lost it in my wardrobe. Talk about Narnia.
Action: when I can start fitting into it without having to walk like a duck.

As of now, my floor is covered with bags, clothes, knicks knacks and everything.




Here it begins, the horrors of horrors.

So I begun diggin out my supposedly bags only tiered section from the closet.

Amongst my many bags, there were:


-Rubbish within the bags. I keep lotsa rubbish in them. Receipts, ticket stubs, used tissue. unused packets of tissues, unused serviettes from restaurants/cafes/fastfood eateries etc.
Wait. Im still gonna use those unused serviettes. Waste not, want not.


Tic stubs:
1. Thor Movie Tickets. 5th May 2011 at GV Jurong Point Watched it with Kelv and Sugi.
2. The Lion King! This is like how awesome!? 26th May 2011. Canida and I. She paid $50 whilst I paid $38. Best bday gift from her, ever!
3. Voyage De La Vie. 8th July 2011. Free tickets from Robs' ex colleague. Was with PohSiew and Robs' parents coz Robs was stuck at XPR after office hours. hehe.

-Neon yellow LEA long sleeves I really liked! My Mom got it when I was like 9?! Size S. Can't fit into it anymore. Duh. But I always thought I might be slim enuff to ONE DAY. So i was like. "heck, if I'm not gonna give it away, I might as make it fit." SO I took a pair of scissors and snipped off the collar area. Tada!




-A new bag organiser mom got for me yonks ago. Just ripped out the plastic bag from it. Intending to use it!!!



Pardon the tacky Zebra Preeens. Lol. Not my choice since my Mom bought it right?!

- A completely (new) clutch I got from Nine West.



Price: about $20
Reason: Was shopping for Melissa Soo's 21st birthday present 3 years ago. At Centrepoint. It was on sale! Duh.
Y U no use: Coz there was never an occasion to. I hate carrying small bags.
Action: Throwing it away. Sadly so! It's been in my closet for eons. The skin is peeling and flaking like nobody's business. Dammit!


-Biohazards. Heh. Let me explain. One of my fave bags. My Lilac dunno what material bag from Gracious Aires. Cost me like $85. Got it from Orchard Central couple years back. It's gone mouldy!!! Eeewch. Am throwing it out too. Some parts are peeling. No pics. Too eeew. To think I've only stopped using it for couple months.

- Singapore Airshow 2012 Canvas beach bag



Price: $10
Reason: Souvenir+ on discount. Duh!
Y U no use: No go beach! and honestly, it's tacky carrying a Singapore AIRSHOW bag.
Action: I might just sell it at a flea market if Robs ever get hold of a stall to sell his parents samples. Or, I could just go to the beach.


- 5 Swim suits.

1 I've grown out of. Mom bought it when I was sec2. Reminds me of some asshole groped my legs at the swimming pool. And I kicked him hard and swan away. Muahahaha!

1 never worn. Never understood why I got it. That must have been at least 6 years ago. Am donating it.

1 I'm too fat for. Am gonna ask if Cans wants it.

1 I'm wearing for proper swimming

1 I'm wearing for leisure beach wear

One thing for sure. I dont need swimsuits anymore!!!

- One of my most cherished items.
Yellow Patent Leather clutch from Aldo.



An item that was once Sis Linda's.

Sorta inherited it. Sis Angleing handed this to me. I guess it was hers and late Sis Linda's goodwill that some of her belongings be given away to friends as keepsakes to remember her by.




Sis Linda in 2010 with her son, Ravel. And Bro Jedidiah's baby boy.
May Lord grant our meeting again, in heaven. Amen.



Alright... So where were we?


- 2 pairs of Harlan shoes from Singsale Site.


One is jelly sandals. One is Suede.

Price: Total $40
Reason: Harlan! Like half price?! DUH!
Y U No wear: The size is screwed up. I only found out it was a size too big when I've received them.
Action: Might just sell them or give em away. Any takers?! Authenticity guaranteed btw.


-2 new pullovers that I've already owned.



Price: $0.
Reason: Coz the "cheena" seller resent them by mistake coz he screwed up my order! No reason for me to return the goods either coz the material wasnt that fantastic and he did screw up my order. Am wearing them now for PJs.
Action: Might sell the extras if the flea market stall is happening or giving them away. Any takers?! (Warm and comfy though the giraffe print one may have the colours fading after washing it once)


- I think God is giving me money. I just found $50 in a bag I didnt even want anymore! *prances around happily*
$50!!! Reminds me of that time when I wanted to throw away all the used ang baos only to find that I had like a stash of cash worth $10 hidden in my cupboards.

Iz like money falling sprouting out from the nether regions of my room! :D

Ok. neh mind. It's my money to begin with. Heh. Im gonna treat the $50 like a reward to myself for spring cleaning 2 tiers of my closet.

Room status:

Messier than ever.

Not to mention, I've just cleaned another bag with a different kinda mould growing on it.
Ugh! I wasnt about to throw that one out coz it's kinda expensive. and it's only mould... Used lotsa hand sanitizer and wipes for that!
It's the kinda mould that looks somewhat like cotton candy. :s
*shivers*



CAN I JUST SAY THAT it's 715am and Im still cleaning out my closet?! SO TIRED!!!!

To be continued...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home