Gatherings
Just received a facebook event invitation.
Title reads "6S gathering".
I'm gonna say "NO" to such gatherings simply coz it's meaningless and ostentatious.
We weren't particularly close in Primary school, neither did we really keep in touch in the years after. So what's with this after like 12 years?
=.=
Well, yea, part of my utter reluctance to turn up for such event may also be that we're gonna engage ourselves in those kinda small talks that puts me off.
Compare lives and feel better about themselves?
Nah, I haven't got a job now, so even if that then snotty, pimply plump boy who used to be ten placements behind me academically in class is now a tall, handsome banking manager would totally be a slap in my face.
After leaving primary school with a very average PSLE score, I went to a neighbourhood school my dad picked. Secondary school was a blur.I fared pretty well for the first 2 years, then came 'O' levels and I was only happy I did average. Again.
By God's grace, I thought I'd wanted to be a scientist and did Biotechnology for my diploma. I made a couple of friends whom I may put a tag on them that says "lifelong" and graduated with a less than satisfactory GPA score that didnt render me a placement in local universities.
Then came RMIT at SIM where I've decided Science is not my 'thang' and that doing a degree in Business should get me started.
=.=
I'm graduating with an average GPA score again. No thanks to modules like accounting and Econs.
Here's what my life has been at best- Average.
One thing I do know- I don't make average friends.
Those primary school friends are no longer friends. They're acquaintances.
Am I gonna spend my precious Tuesday evening with the lot of them for a couple hours comparing our lives and catching up on the years we've missed?
Hell no.
I'd rather honour my date with JeeCheng. At least we can connect on a deeper level rather than the superficial small talks I so despise.
Or just stay home, munching on chocolate cookies, hair in disarray, laughing to the likes of 'Modern Family' (THAT SHOW IS AWESOME).
Would my response be different should I be, say, a regional Marketing manager of a reputable MNC or some big shot years down the road?
Yea. I'd be sure to bring a Hermes Birkin, dressed in a Yves Saint Lauren power suit, strutting in with a pair of Prada pumps and flashing out my Louis Vuitton wallet where I'd produce a set of credit cards and hand one out to the waiter and graciously say to all of them "This one's on me".
lol.
Nah. Not a chance. It's still a no.
Like How superficial did u think I was?
Right? ROBSIE?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home