Switch off your lights this Saturday!
Earth Hour. 8.30pm Singapore time. Remember to switch off your lights!
Earth hour's a global effort to save the earth. Even if it's just for an hour, I'll take it.
Do visit the website:
http://earthhour.wwf.sg/index.php
Vote for various landmarks here to be in darkness for an hour too!
Can u imagine if they switched off lights in Orchard? We would save so much energy and money!!! Because Orchard rd is so freakin lighted up with all those new shopping malls and their redundant lights blinking like nobody's business. AND WHAT FOR?!?!?!?!
Don't get me started on Illuma...
So anyway... this Saturday eh?
I saw some people who post comments on forums like :
1. "No, I'm not much into empty meaningless gestures. I'll just do what I do all the time and try to conserve energy and resources."
Seriously? Meaningless? If this person switches off his lights for an hour, he'll be saving energy too. So why not? And "I'll just do what I do all the time and try to conserve energy and resources" is boasting. "all the time"??? Really??? LIAR!!!!
2. "Sure why not, that is the least we can do for our planet earth when most of the time we just didn't bother."
This person implies that he doesn't care about conserving energy most of the time. But he'll participate in Earth Hour for the "fun" of it eh? How convenient.
3. Sunny C says, "what's the point of doing that for just an hour? might as well did that all the way. if you want to help this world, why not implement solar and wind energy instead? and stop lying to mother earth how caring you are."
Spot on!
4. And me likes Zack's reply to the thread, "Why the hell a specified date and time? I'm conserving energy all the time when possible"
BUT an hour does make a difference. I'll just do it anyway.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hmm... JCOC wants to install air-conditioners in the auditorium. As much as I hate the heat... I'm kinda against it. I know the advantages outweigh disadvantages...like more comfort for members and visitors and less noise pollution from our neighbour (Some temple for dunno-what). Then again, installing the air-con would mean more money!! and more hassles with the maintenance...
I seldom use my air-con too. Conserve energy + save money.
I'm still comfortable. xept when the heat gets to me, I'll on my air-con. But at 26 degrees C.
This only goes to show that Singaporeans are a bunch of spoilt brats. And we're currently breeding ELITIST spoilt brats.
Yay. What a nice place to be living in.

1 Comments:
i wonder who was the one who left her laptop on for that whole hour AND MORE STREAMING VIDEOS while she was out havin dinner.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home