Thursday, August 20, 2009

Are u happy?

Are u happy?

What's Happy?

Who has the right to be happy?

If u say u're happy, who can fault you for being so?

Is it wrong to do things to make yourself happier?

Yes, u can't buy happiness with money. A certain 'wise man' ever borne the notion -- the saying "Money is not everything" has implications of greediness becoz the person who made the statement clearly wanted something that can buy everything. Happiness included. So...wanting to obtain happiness is primarily due to our greedy nature.

He's a cynic, that one.


Someone asked me if I'm happy recently. I replied "Yes." without giving it a thought. It just slipped out of my mouth like how u'd apologise for stepping on someone's toe accidentally (if u dun, then shame on u. u ought to be skinned alive and be sprinkled with salt. and finally, melt into a sorry puddle.) Unbeknownst to him, I was having an inner conversation with myself. It started with "But..." and a whole lot of other things.

I wudnt call myself an optimist. Though in a way, I am-- After having composed many forms of worst-case scenarios.

Seems like people do things to fill that void they experiece. It may not be anything drastic that changes much of our "happiness status", nonetheless, they do account for something.
Some ppl smoke, some play golf, some read, some eat chocolate bars, some do voluntary work, some buy things on impulse... etc.


I think it's perfectly fine to pursue happiness.

If bingeing urself with chocolates makes u happy. GO AHEAD. :D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home